- The story begins: Jürgen Wißner founds the company "WILAU"with the aim of producing mathematical teaching and learning materi-als for schools in his own company and distributing them to the teaching materials trading.
- One of the first trade fair participations abroad - here in Cairo.
- The company name is changed to "Wissner Schulartikel Produktions GmbH". At the same time, the production of drawing templates starts under the newly founded company "Wissner Zeichenschablo-nenproduktion GmbH".
- The product range grows: Through the takeover of the company "Vogt Lehrmittelverlag" and the start of the production and development of didactic teaching and learning materials, the product range can be expanded.
- We move: Acquisition of a plot of land at the current location in Zeppelinstraße in Bensheim. We build a production hall with an adjoining office wing and a canteen.
- Construction of an additional production hall for the manufacture of drawing templates on NC-controlled milling machines developed in-house.
- Now we are finally getting the name you know us by: "WISSNER GmbH".
- Jörn Wißner joins the company being sespondible for Sales, Marketing & Product Development
- Learning with a system: Under the guiding principle of the "active learning" trademark, we are alig-ning more and more of our products as system work tools.
- We take part in the Nuremberg Toy Fair for the first time and are still exhibitors there today.
- The "PROFI-linie" brand for blackboard drawing instruments is introduced.
- For the sake of the environment: For the first time, we are using recycled plastic material with the RE-Plastic® designation.
- Jess Wißner joins the team and takes over the areas of production and goods purchasing.
- The beginning of a successful cooperation: We win the Bensheim workshops for people with mental illness and mental disabilities as a partner. A trusting cooperation that continues to this day.
- We are selling more to France through a new contractual partner.
- We are bursting at the seams: That is why we are doubling our production and office space. The ma-chinery is also being enlarged and modernised.
- The development continues: We are switching the production of many articles from plastic to our self-developed material RE-Wood®, which is based on recycled wood waste.
- The product range is growing: through the acquisition of the company "Karst", we are now able to offer didactic learning materials for language, traffic education and meteorology in addition to the mathematical focus.
- In the fast lane: For the first time, we are producing more articles from our ecological and carbonneut-ral RE-Wood® material than in plastic.
- 40th company anniversary
- Introduction of the MAG-Pap° brand for a two-component material made of cardboard protected from dirt by a transparent film and a fully laminated magnetic film.
- Expansion of the product range through the development of didactic learning games with a focus on mathematics.
- Other ways: developing educational game sets for the book, stationery and toy trade, other target groups and serving new markets.
- We are working on our image: a new corporate design, a consistent fixing of corporate goals as well as the obligatory orientation towards more sustainability in all areas bring a breath of fresh air into our halls and strengthen the identification with the values we have imposed on ourselves.
- Addition of a further warehouse.
- Expansion of the machine park.
- Construction of the new website.